Saturday, August 4, 2007

How did I get here exactly?

It was a year and a half ago at the Los Angeles Angels Spring Training Camp. A belated birthday dinner at Mosaic - it snowed(!) on our drive to the restaurant in Phoenix. The wine list? Amazing! I had heard about Kosta Browne from fans on the Robert Parker Message Boards - $90 for 2003 Kosta Browne Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir as a birthday wine seemed fair game. What I didn't know then was that this bottle would change my life.

A year and a half later I find myself a week away from starting my new adventure by spending harvest at Kosta Browne, quitting a twelve year career in advertising, and earning an apprentice wage learning the ropes from some of the world's great Pinot Noir artisans.

With "The 33 year-old intern" I hope I will be able to let you in on the ups and downs of jumping out of the corporate world and getting my hands stained red. Great wines quaffed, musings on the industry, and some other random drivel is promised.

No comments: