Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bins, Bins, Bins

I finally arrived to start my new career and I have been thrown in the "deep end". Hundreds of fermentation bins and barrels to sanitize before the first fruit arrives in a few weeks. It is often said that for every hour of what one would call "romantic winemaking" there is four hours of washing up. Well if that is true then I have a LOT of winemaking due my way!

That said this is a great time to be in the winery - getting to know your fellow interns, having time to scope out the facility and getting acquainted with all the barrels that will be loving filled with Pinot before too long.

So sorry there hasn't been a post in a while but the "Internets" are sketchy up here (something to do with all those series of tubes, I guess). Anyway, promise to post more soon!

No comments: